Marbling on Glass

  • Sylvanye
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2006
      Hello Everyone,

      I am a warmglass artist who loves the art of marbling and recently
      read that marbling can be performed on glass; are any of you aware of
      this process? Maybe I can marble on transfer/decal paper is that
      possible?

      Thanks,
      Sylvanye
    • peggy skycraft
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 24, 2006
        I have done marbling on glass and exhibited pieces for special shows in collaboration with
        Tim Oneil, an Oregon glass worker. I applied the patterns directly to sheets of glass which
        were then fired to fuse the color on. My collaborator then cut them into strips and "wove"
        them into baskets by slumping the stacked glass into a mold to fuse the pieces together.
        The edges were still sharp. Quite pretty.

        There are a few effective methods, special coloring materials, etc. Not especially easy.
        Decals did not work out at all. At best it is tricky but worth the trouble. Call me if you want
        to talk about it.

        Peggy Skycraft 503.630.7173 ----Pacific Time.

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvanye" <Sroh@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > I am a warmglass artist who loves the art of marbling and recently
        > read that marbling can be performed on glass; are any of you aware of
        > this process? Maybe I can marble on transfer/decal paper is that
        > possible?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Sylvanye

      • mpmh60201
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 24, 2006
          Sylvanye,
          There are several artisans in Tukey who create beautiful
          marbling on glass. Perhaps one of them might read this and be
          able to help you. Keep watching for replies to your inquiry.
          Milena
        • Sylvanye
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 25, 2006
            Peggy & Milena, I want to thank you both so much for your feedback
            regarding my desire to do marbling on glass.

            Take care and have a wonderful holiday! [:)]

            Sylvanye
            www.designsbysylvanye.com