Re: marbling bookss

  • John Ang
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2000
      A comprehensive bibliography of marbling books can be found at the
      book list at http://www.philobiblon.com/marbling.htm

      By the way, who knows where I can purchase Diane's book that was
      mentioned.

      --- In Marbling@egroups.com, "Marie Palowoda" <marie@c...> wrote:
      > john and all,
      > yes, diane's books are good. another excellent one which may be of
      more use to novice marblers is 'marbling; a complete guide to
      creating beautiful patterned papers and fabrics' c1991, crescent
      books. it has more detailed info about the basics than the later one.

      > speaking of books, one of the features i would like to include in
      the international marblers' clearinghouse directory is a
      bibliography. if any of you have a book or list of books that you
      think should be included, please send the infor to me (title, author,
      date, publisher).
    • Laura Sims
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2000
        Dear John,

        You can also order Diane's book directly from her.
        Contact her at dkmaurer@.... The book is $24.95 plus $4.00 shipping.
        She is a good writer, covers info for suminagashi, watercolor, acrylic and
        oil marbling. It also has a broad selection of other marblers' work. She
        has another good one called "Paper Art...the complete guide to papercraft
        techniques".

        Best, Laura

        http://profiles.msn.com