Digital Books on Google

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      For our German speaking list members-

      Josef Halfer's Die Fortschritte der Marmorierkunst
      is now online at Googlebooks.

      Unfortunately, it cannot be downloaded, and the images of the samples
      are only in black and white. Yet the full text can be read online for
      free:

      <http://books.google.com/books?vid=OCLC13191449>

      Paul Adam's English translation of his work, "Practical Bookbinding"
      contains some information about marbling under forwarding.

      http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN0665971680

      Zaehnsdorf has also been mounted on Google, but I think they've done a
      nicer job over at:

      www.aboutbookbinding.com

      Unfortunately, no Woolnough, Fichtenberg, Evelyn, Kinder, or others- YET!

      Then again, this has just really gotten started.

      Enjoy!

      Jake Benson
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
        Thanks Jake for this wonderful resource!
        iris nevins

        <http://books.google.com/books?vid=OCLC13191449<http://books.google.com/books?vid=OCLC13191449>>

        http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN0665971680<http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN0665971680>

        www.aboutbookbinding.com<http://www.aboutbookbinding.com/>