Re: [Marbling] marbling bookss

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2000

      Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 8:00 PM
      Subject: [Marbling] marbling bookss

      a while back i spoke with a publisher of fiber art and fine craft magazines about the possibility of publishing a marbling journal. i was basically told that our numbers are too small to warrant a publishing business such as theirs to do this for us.  so i would like to toss this out to the group;  i am considering starting a newsletter to go out once a year to help keep us all connected.  nothing fancy, xeroxed pages and with minimal to no editing, the articles to be whatever people send in. pretty simple. as everyone else,  i wish to remain a marbler, not an editor.  does anyone else have some ideas or something in the works, already?

              I would definitely be interested in helping with this. Keep me in mind if you progress with this!
      Jill
    • John Ang
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2000
        A comprehensive bibliography of marbling books can be found at the
        book list at http://www.philobiblon.com/marbling.htm

        By the way, who knows where I can purchase Diane's book that was
        mentioned.

        --- In Marbling@egroups.com, "Marie Palowoda" <marie@c...> wrote:
        > john and all,
        > yes, diane's books are good. another excellent one which may be of
        more use to novice marblers is 'marbling; a complete guide to
        creating beautiful patterned papers and fabrics' c1991, crescent
        books. it has more detailed info about the basics than the later one.

        > speaking of books, one of the features i would like to include in
        the international marblers' clearinghouse directory is a
        bibliography. if any of you have a book or list of books that you
        think should be included, please send the infor to me (title, author,
        date, publisher).
      • Laura Sims
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 14, 2000
          Dear John,

          You can also order Diane's book directly from her.
          Contact her at dkmaurer@.... The book is $24.95 plus $4.00 shipping.
          She is a good writer, covers info for suminagashi, watercolor, acrylic and
          oil marbling. It also has a broad selection of other marblers' work. She
          has another good one called "Paper Art...the complete guide to papercraft
          techniques".

          Best, Laura

          http://profiles.msn.com