marbling for calligrahy

  • sixshort
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2006
      Hi fellow marblers, I have been very interested in developing
      marbling for calligraphy, partly inspired by Turkish and Japanese
      models, but using western marbling. The latest, some from my website
      but in full size, have been uploaded to my Flickr site. The link is
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/sixshort and contains two more
      calligraphic works uploaded today.

      I am interested in the work of other marblers who have a similar
      interest in calligraphy. Any other ideas or experiments? I have not
      uploaded any of my suminagashi marbling for calligraphy, but hope to
      do so shortly.

      I hope you enjoy these collaborative pieces. Joan
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 28, 2006
        very nice!!!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/sixshort<http://www.flickr.com/photos/sixshort> and contains two more
        calligraphic works uploaded today.

        I am interested in the work of other marblers who have a similar
        interest in calligraphy. Any other ideas or experiments? I have not
        uploaded any of my suminagashi marbling for calligraphy, but hope to
        do so shortly.

        I hope you enjoy these collaborative pieces. Joan

      • Myrna Matherne
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2006
          Beautiful work, Joan. Lucky are the people on your Christmas card list.
          Myrna
        • Paulette Quann
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 28, 2006
            Really Nice work, Joan!

            Do you use friskets?
            Keep it up an you'll go far (smile)
            PQuann

            .

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 28, 2006
              Joan, this is a truly inspiring collaboration-gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
              TTFN
              Jane Dickinson, MA, USA
              www.artbytheyard.biz