Marbling & Glass

  • Katherine Coddington
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2006
      This message was originally from Joan in Australia, who meant to send
      it to the group, but somehow it ended up only in my mail box, so I am just
      forwarding it for all to enjoy.

      Readers might be interested in the work of the Australian glass artist
      Colin Heaney, who works in nearby Byron Bay. Much of his work shows
      elements of stone and combed marbling patterns, inherent in both
      disciplines where colours and liquids - in this case liquid glass -
      are used. His site: http://www.colinheaney.com/index.html

      In the gallery section two pieces, Petroglyphlidon Sphere and Botanica
      Phasmid are shown as being in the Habatat Galleries, Chicago. In the
      Archives section there are some stunning Coolamons (shapes from
      Aboriginal containers originally made from bark), notably Lava and
      Botanic Mortar, which look like swirled stone.

      It seems that every art form flows effortlessly into another!

      Great to have computer whizzes checking out sites for the rest of us.
      Regards, Joan