ebru pilgrims in Arabian deserts and a victim of glass and paper

  • Oguzhan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      esteemed calligrapher and marbler Mr.Fuad Baser
      is recommended by Ministry of Culture and Tourism Turkey

      to participate at the 1st International Congress
      on Tourism and Handicrafts in Riyadh Saudi Arabia
      organized by Saudi Ministry of Tourism and IRCICA.

      All Islamic countries and with moslem minority are invited
      to participate on ministry level (The King will start the ceremony)
      to present papers,and each country to send two artists/craftspeople.

      Today I found out from marbler Ms.Sema Balkaya,
      inseperable part of Ebristan in Istanbul,
      that Mr.Hikmet Barutcugil and herself have been recommended
      by IRCICA and are going to participate.

      I hope to represent the Uyghur people living in China,
      and present a paper on their historical contribution
      to global and Islamic civilization in handpapermaking,marbling,
      printing(300 years before Gutenberg)miniature painting and book arts

      and hope to participate in arts/crafts competition
      in glass and handmade paper categories.

      Glassfusion calligraphy is a first time attempt in Islamic glass arts
      http://photos.yahoo.com/marblasia contains some of my work

      Encapsulated marbled calligraphy cut outs in handmade paper.

      The marbling was done by esteemed member of US marbling society
      Ms.Nelle Tresselt.

      Although I would have liked to make more
      Paper pulp calligraphy to exhibit in Riyadh,

      somehow I found out about this event purely by chance,

      trying to announce Mr.Fuad Baser's coming to Saudi Arabia
      to another yahoo communication group
      and trying to get them to show hospitality for this brother.

      Whom many people seem to confuse to be me ...

      (not his wife !)

      cordially,
      oz