Re: Gabrielle's book

  • Fred Chang
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2000
      Hi. I didn't mean to malign Ms. Gruenebaum (GG)
      personally, and not even the English translation of
      her work (I also heard it was originally written in
      German), but simply the inadequacy of this text to
      instruct a novice pupil.

      Gabriele's book does made a lot more sense after I was
      able to attend a marbling class. In the meantime, I'd
      recommend almost any of the 'modern books' with
      several photographs of the process. I think there is
      a book by Diane Vogel or Maurer. All I could find on
      Amazon is:
      The Ultimate Marbling Handbook : A Guide to Basic and
      Advanced Techniques for Marbling Paper and Fabric
      (Watson-Guptill Crafts) by Diane V. Maurer-Mathison.

      Quite a bit more than GG's book, but first timers will
      find it much more helpful.

      FC

      http://mail.yahoo.com/