Re: Stamping papers

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2006
      Maria,

      I'm using ordinary office stamps of vulcanized rubber, custom made for me, and ordinary
      ink pads from the office supply. As the inks are not waterfast, I make sure that the stamp
      is inked just so much and sits decently in a corner of the sheet's backside; one of the
      corners where the drying rack has lefts its traces.
      I tried waterfast stamping inks, but they are more expensive and proved so waterfast that
      they dried on the pad and in the little crevices of the stamp within very short time.

      The problem with the pre-inked stamps is, you cannot take influence on how much ink is
      on the stamp. And if you want to change your signature, you have to throw away the whole
      thing - as opposed to just have another stamp made and keep the pad. Economy and
      ecology.

      Whatever we do, as soon as any user makes their first cut, the stamp will in all probability
      be in the waste box.

      Susanne Krause