Stamping papers

  • Maria Vernersson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2006
      Dear friends,

      i have come to the point when I want to stamp my papers. What types of ink
      are recommendable and what should be avoided? For reasons of convenience I
      am in favour of a stamp called MaxLight. It's pre-inked. Does anybody have
      any experience of that stamp?

      Thank you in advance

      maria vernersson, Sweden
    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 2006
        Maria,

        I'm using ordinary office stamps of vulcanized rubber, custom made for me, and ordinary
        ink pads from the office supply. As the inks are not waterfast, I make sure that the stamp
        is inked just so much and sits decently in a corner of the sheet's backside; one of the
        corners where the drying rack has lefts its traces.
        I tried waterfast stamping inks, but they are more expensive and proved so waterfast that
        they dried on the pad and in the little crevices of the stamp within very short time.

        The problem with the pre-inked stamps is, you cannot take influence on how much ink is
        on the stamp. And if you want to change your signature, you have to throw away the whole
        thing - as opposed to just have another stamp made and keep the pad. Economy and
        ecology.

        Whatever we do, as soon as any user makes their first cut, the stamp will in all probability
        be in the waste box.

        Susanne Krause