Paints

  • Cecilia Novelli
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2000
      Thanks to Marbling group for the opportunity to talk about our dificulties and doubts .
      I work with acrylics "Liquitex".Is there anyone with better results? I tried Rembrandt  but without success.
      I don"t rinse my papers either.
            Cecilia
    • Laura Sims
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2000
        Dear Cecilia,

        You may want to look through the egroups archives for some additional
        information. I like Golden fluid acrylics. They have a high pigment
        concentration and are light fast. Recently a bookbinding friend tried some
        of Iris Niven's acrylics and said they worked beautifully. I want to try
        those myself. Galen Berry sells acrylics that seem to work well from what I
        observed in a class.

        Best of Luck, Laura
        Indigo Stone Marbling Studio

        >From: "Cecilia Novelli" <cecilia.novelli@...>
        >To: <Marbling@egroups.com>
        >Subject: [Marbling] Paints
        >Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:35:50 -0300
        >
        >Thanks to Marbling group for the opportunity to talk about our dificulties
        >and doubts .
        >I work with acrylics "Liquitex".Is there anyone with better results? I
        >tried Rembrandt but without success.
        >I don"t rinse my papers either.
        > Cecilia

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • manihunt
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
          Has anyone tried using textile or fabric paints for marbling? Do you
          need to use alum if you're going to use these paints? If you plan to
          use textile medium for artist's acrylics, do you still need to treat
          the fabric with alum?