GBW CENTIENNIAL CELEBRATION

  • lucielapierre
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2006
      GBW CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION
      New York, Academy of Medecine
      1216 Fifth Avenue, New York
      Afternoon october 12, 2006
      Vendor : Noon – 5 :00PM only

      The Colors of the Mind
      Lucie Lapierre artist-marbler
      Avant–garde paper and conservation paper on hand-made paper

      Modern binding assures the durability of a piece of writing,
      glorifying it and decorating it in both the aesthetic and venerate
      sense. But with our modern spirit of distinction the matter of the
      binding appears in its whole dimension, just as a work of art
      considered an exhibit in its own right, is the revolutionary
      movements of this century.

      The attraction of a binding cannot however be measured. It remains
      something of a mystery, just as poetry defined a secret state of
      language , that can be expressed by words or by shades and colours.
      So can visualized the harmony between the quintessence of the text,
      the title of the work, and the binding. The paper decorator plays
      with the colors of the mind and responses to the modern request of
      the binder to introduce the book by a first impression.

      A new serial of ghost motif signify XXIst century. There are
      different types, stone on stone, two to five layers of colors
      playing with the transparency, give a visual third dimension, for
      the mind to travel in it. The stone and comb can give a such
      natural texture we would think it a genuine calf skin, for example.
      The composition of the second comb on the first transforms the
      paper into a living texture render. The 3-dimensional effect made
      by overlay pattern and colors, corresponds to the modern paintings
      of Jackson Pollack, where you enter into the emotional landscape.
      Some paper are a wink at the following the bizarre and fairy like
      forms made by the modern painter Alfred Pellan. I have created the
      following special series : Deep Sea, the Garden, Autumn Leaves,
      Landscape, etc.

      Avant–garde pattern is also synonymous an new approach of marbling
      technique. Here are some subtelety to understand and playing with
      such as the Stars pattern with female and male colors.

      For an artist marbling is a marvellous way to be a magnetic
      instrument of the universal archives. Like the series: Eole god,
      Storm on the Sea, The bridge – Italy Election Day.

      I will be happy to meet you there the 12 october 2006.

      Lucie Lapierre, artist-marbler
      Web Site http://pages.infinit.net/marbrure/index.html
    • Jake Benson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2006
        Lucie, This new work of yours sounds wonderful. You are probably too
        busy getting ready to leave for New York. Yet when you should have a
        chance, would you share some images with those of us who cannot attend
        the GBW meeting?

        I really love all the photo albums that many of you take time to
        share. It really makes this list into something more than an email
        list. However, I think some are afraid to post their work, as are
        they concerned it will be stolen and used without their permission.
        Well, if it is any encouragement to some of you, this has never
        happened as of yet. In any case, I have just added a two small albums
        of my own work for the first time.

        thanks for all of you for your taking the time to share.

        Jake Benson

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "lucielapierre" <lucielapierre@...>