Suminagashi workshop at Pyramid Atlantic Art Center, Silvere Spring Maryland

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
      I will be teaching a one-day course in both traditional and contemporary
      methods of Japanese suminagashi paper marbling on Saturday November 4th
      from 9:30 to 4pm. The cost is $110 and there is a supply fee of $30
      (Note: this information was incorrectly printed in the fall brochure).

      During the workshop you will learn to use both modern Boku-Undo colors as
      well as the traditional process using ink-sticks. The supply fee covers a
      Boku-Undo marbling kit, a selection of Chinese and Japanese papers, and
      brushes that work well for the purpose, all of which you get to keep and
      use to make more suminagashi papers on your own. We will also cover the
      use of stencils and marbling silk.

      For more information on the current list of courses and workshops, please
      visit:

      http://www.pyramidatlanticartcenter.org/studio/bookmaking.htm

      Jake Benson
      Marbler In Residence
      Pyramid Atlantic Art Center

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • dkmaurer1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2006
        Hi Jake,

        Congratulations on your internship! Pyramid is such a fine place to work. I
        have enjoyed teaching marbling and paste papers there over the years. Please
        give my best to Helen.

        Warm regards,
        Diane Maurer

      • Drees, Dedree
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2006
          Ditto

          I plan to sign up and get to meet you in person

          Dedree Drees