new to marbling

  • idyehappy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hello All,
      I am brand new to this group and to marbling as well. I dye silks and
      cottons and do a lot of art quilts. I would like to learn how to
      marble silk scarves, but am a bit puzzled about where to procure a
      loooong container for my marbling. I'm sure somebody in this group
      has a source that he/she will share with me.
      I'm looking forward to lots of interesting discussions.
      Thanks in advance,
      Judy in GA
    • Gail Mackenzie
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
        Welcome! You can make any size tray you need! Get 2x4s cut to the
        dimensions... a few inches wider and longer than the scarf size.
        Fasten the corners together with wide head, short nails and metal
        plumbers strapping. Make a lining with heavy duty clear or white
        plastic fastened to the wood with tape. It's easy to assemble and
        using interchangable pieces of wood you can make different sizes and
        also it's easy to store...unassembled. Good luck!