Re: drop bottles

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20 10:26 AM
      Joan,

      I don't really have to squeeze the bottles.
      Just the gentlest pressure is needed.
      The pin basically regulates the drip flow.
      It will shoot out the tip if you squeeze hard.
      In addition, I don't invert the bottle, but hold it sideways.
      You have to develop the right touch to squeeze slightly, and then release pressure, and do
      the right "flicking motion" upward to keep it from dripping down the sides. With practice,
      you get used to it.

      As with so many things, it is not always the tool that is the problem, but just how the
      operator handles the tool. Many try something once or twice, find it problematic, then
      give up and proclaim "I don't like it" or "it doesn't work". Yet in many cases all that is
      required is a different approach or adjustment. Patient, careful observation, an
      adjustment in approach, and then practice till you get the hang of it. I find this true of
      most things in marbling.

      That said, I've not tried the very small Deka bottles with tiny narrow tips, but suspect that
      the same is true.

      Jake