Plastic Wash Bottles

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2006
      Joan,

      Einen Miura shows a glass variety of dropper bottle, which are very
      expensive lab equipment. The plastic ones with bent nozzle tips are
      generally called "plastic wash bottles". They can be found at
      chemistry suppliers and also some scientific educational supply stores
      for school children.

      There are different kinds available, but usually they are made of
      better quality plastic, such as nalgene or polypropylene, and so are
      more expensive, but last longer. Also the shape of the bottle is
      generally referred to as a "Boston Round." I've seen them listed all
      over the web, but also on eBay. Maybe you can find a supplier down
      under? Let us know.

      Personally, I like to use small hair dye bottles from beauty suppliers
      that have a finer tip. Sometimes I shove a pin into the end to keep
      it from dribble too much. Low tech, but cheap, and usually works.

      Jake