RE: [Marbling] drop bottles etc.

  • susanne martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2006
      Another option would be the squirt bottles from Colophon Books. You can cut
      the hole to any size. I have very good luck with them.

      Susanne

      >From: "sixshort" <joan@...>
      >To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Marbling] drop bottles etc.
      >Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:09:45 -0000
      >
      >Dear fellow marblers, Can anyone tell me where I can buy the drop
      >bottles with a curved tubular spout, as pictured in Einen Miura's
      >fantastic book "The Art of Marbled Paper" p.32 Illustration 13. (or
      >let me know Einen's email address for a personal enquiry). I am
      >trying to find a way to apply drops fast and accurately as shown in
      >Illustration 14, and have tried using a stylus, plastic pipette, eye
      >dropper and regular drop bottles, with mixed success. Mimi and Patty
      >Schleicher's video "Experience the Magic of Marbling" shows Mimi using
      >the same drop bottle with a curved spout.
      >
      >I have only recently tried applying paint in concentric circles, as
      >used in much Turkish and Spanish marbling, and when combined with
      >regular whisks for tiny drops of paint this technique has cleaned up
      >many of my problems in marbling, creating a much more distinct and
      >vivid image, with cleaner lines. The old overdrawn, greyish muddy
      >look caused by overcombing and lines too finely drawn has at last been
      >largely overcome. Just one more technique to add to others in a
      >never-ending search for good reliable marbling. As Peter Sellers used
      >to whine "So much to do, so little time" . . . .
      >
      >Happy marbling, Joan
      >
      >Great to see this list has resumed its wonderful exchange of ideas
      >after the annual summer dearth of interesting postings.

    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2006
        Dear Joan,

        the bottles are used for a particular leaf casting technique in paper restoration, so you
        should find them at the restorer's supply.

        Susanne Krause