drop bottles etc.

  • sixshort
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2006
      Dear fellow marblers, Can anyone tell me where I can buy the drop
      bottles with a curved tubular spout, as pictured in Einen Miura's
      fantastic book "The Art of Marbled Paper" p.32 Illustration 13. (or
      let me know Einen's email address for a personal enquiry). I am
      trying to find a way to apply drops fast and accurately as shown in
      Illustration 14, and have tried using a stylus, plastic pipette, eye
      dropper and regular drop bottles, with mixed success. Mimi and Patty
      Schleicher's video "Experience the Magic of Marbling" shows Mimi using
      the same drop bottle with a curved spout.

      I have only recently tried applying paint in concentric circles, as
      used in much Turkish and Spanish marbling, and when combined with
      regular whisks for tiny drops of paint this technique has cleaned up
      many of my problems in marbling, creating a much more distinct and
      vivid image, with cleaner lines. The old overdrawn, greyish muddy
      look caused by overcombing and lines too finely drawn has at last been
      largely overcome. Just one more technique to add to others in a
      never-ending search for good reliable marbling. As Peter Sellers used
      to whine "So much to do, so little time" . . . .

      Happy marbling, Joan

      Great to see this list has resumed its wonderful exchange of ideas
      after the annual summer dearth of interesting postings.
    • susanne martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2006
        Another option would be the squirt bottles from Colophon Books. You can cut
        the hole to any size. I have very good luck with them.

        Susanne

        >From: "sixshort" <joan@...>
        >To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Marbling] drop bottles etc.
        >Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:09:45 -0000
        >
        >Dear fellow marblers, Can anyone tell me where I can buy the drop
        >bottles with a curved tubular spout, as pictured in Einen Miura's
        >fantastic book "The Art of Marbled Paper" p.32 Illustration 13. (or
        >let me know Einen's email address for a personal enquiry). I am
        >trying to find a way to apply drops fast and accurately as shown in
        >Illustration 14, and have tried using a stylus, plastic pipette, eye
        >dropper and regular drop bottles, with mixed success. Mimi and Patty
        >Schleicher's video "Experience the Magic of Marbling" shows Mimi using
        >the same drop bottle with a curved spout.
        >
        >I have only recently tried applying paint in concentric circles, as
        >used in much Turkish and Spanish marbling, and when combined with
        >regular whisks for tiny drops of paint this technique has cleaned up
        >many of my problems in marbling, creating a much more distinct and
        >vivid image, with cleaner lines. The old overdrawn, greyish muddy
        >look caused by overcombing and lines too finely drawn has at last been
        >largely overcome. Just one more technique to add to others in a
        >never-ending search for good reliable marbling. As Peter Sellers used
        >to whine "So much to do, so little time" . . . .
        >
        >Happy marbling, Joan
        >
        >Great to see this list has resumed its wonderful exchange of ideas
        >after the annual summer dearth of interesting postings.

      • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2006
          Dear Joan,

          the bottles are used for a particular leaf casting technique in paper restoration, so you
          should find them at the restorer's supply.

          Susanne Krause