Re: [Marbling] Aurora Window Banners

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2006
      Great Milena!
      iris nevins
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: mpmh60201<mailto:milena@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:00 PM
      Subject: [Marbling] Aurora Window Banners

      Greetings,
      I've posted an album with two marbled images of mine that have
      been made into 8 ft. vinyl mesh window banners for City Hall,
      Aurora, Illinois. They will hang in the windows for one year.
      Interestingly, the original images were marbled on paper many
      years ago, and are quite small (Autumn Leaves: 8 inches high,
      and Wind Song, 10 inches high). What I've posted are the
      images as seen in the actual windows after installation.
      Passers by think they are viewing folded fabric. The banners
      were produced from a PhotoShop file, sent to the printing
      company on a CD after being adjusted to their digital press
      specifications: the size of each window. Considering I haven't
      marbled in a tray for over two years other than a few public
      demonstrations, this was a great project to be involved in. Think
      of computer technology as a creative tool. Scan and save your
      favorite marbled images. One never knows where they will end
      up (or hang up in this instance)!
      Milena