[Marbling] Suminagashi on Fabric and Acrylic Resins/Polymers- Paint manufacture

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2000
      Just catching up....have been on a long overdue vacation....

      My copy of Woolnough's is not a marbled cloth one, and in fact was a very
      beat up copy I rebound with my own papers (I hope old Charlie didn't mind
      too much!). But it does mention that he did a public demonstration of
      bookcloth marbling if I am remembering correctly. I do not know whether it
      had a coating, but in his day they did size then polish papers by machine
      to make them shiny and to protect them, so presume that may have been the
      after treatment of the cloth if they had one.