Takla Makan sand dunes unfolding traditional Turkish marbling - news dept

  • Oguzhan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2006
      esteemed friends,
      the livelihood in the mutual marble correspondence
      seems to be ripe for the following news :

      ARTISTANBUL -traditional Turkish Arts Exhibition
      at the Xinjiang Fine Arts Academy in Urumchi NW China,
      September 9-29

      Participating artists:

      Nusret Colpan - traditional Turkish miniature painter

      Hikmet Barutcugil - traditional Ebru artist

      Ali Toy and Savas Cevik - traditional Turkish Islamic Calligraphers

      Ihsan Otken - painter

      Oguzhan Tugrul - glass fusion and paper pulp calligraphy

      BRIEFLY:

      Since 1990 I have been trying to promote Ebru in these parts of the
      world,thanks to Hikmet's aid and support;
      we have come some way along the line,
      but yet have to go into the archives to locate marbled work
      of the past centuries.

      In 2002 we were able to organize the 1st Marbled Art exhibition
      in the same location,with help from esteemed friend Tom Leech.

      Some member friends from this group had also participated,
      and their works are in the Antiquities Museum of Xinjiang,

      the 1st marbled paper collection !!! in Xinjiang and China !!!

      Those of you who has the time and funds to attend this event
      are more than welcome,
      contact me please privately !!!

      Actually the exhibition idea stemmed from an International Seminar
      on Loulanlogy to take place in this region.

      Esteemed Ms.Elaine Koretsky will attend the seminar
      and present her contribution to the history of Papermaking in Khotan.

      Hikmet will demonstrate marbling under the scope of
      disappearing traditional arts (which has vanished !!)

      I would like to disseminate the idea of Paperroad Tibet Org.
      with similar intentions in Khotan and am very grateful to Tom Leech
      and his friends for inspiring me at the 4th Intl.Marblers gathering.

      I am relieved there is not much rivalry on writing messages
      related to these parts of the world,
      birthplace of Ebru - marbling ;

      according to Turkish and other artists and researchers of this medium.

      We are grateful to the moderators who thought of this group,

      enjoy marbling,

      do not lose your marbles !!!!!!!

      cordially,

      oz