Changing the carrageenan bath

  • Gin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2006
      How many marbling list members does it take to change the carrageenan bath?

      One to change the bath and to post that the carrageenan has been
      changed.

      Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing carrageenan and how the
      carrageenan bath could have been changed differently.

      Seven to caution about the dangers of changing carrageenan.

      Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing
      carrageenan .

      Five to flame the spell checkers.

      Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

      Six to argue over whether it's "carrageenan" or "carrageenan bath" ...

      Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

      Fifteen to claim experience in the marbling industry and give the correct
      spelling.

      One moderator to point out that discussions of misspelling are off topic.

      Nineteen to agree with the moderator and post that this group is not about
      how to spell carrageenan and to please take this discussion to a
      grammatical/spelling forum.

      Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use carrageenan
      and therefore all of the posts are relevant to this group.

      Thirty six to debate which method of changing carrageenan baths is superior,
      where to buy the best carrageenan, what brand of carrageenan work best for
      this technique and what brands are faulty.

      Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different carrageenan bath
      tanks.

      Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the
      corrected URL.

      Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this
      group which makes the proper spelling of carrageenan relevant to this group.

      Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including
      all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

      Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
      handle the carrageenan controversy.

      One moderator to say that this thread will stop IMMEDIATELY!

      Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

      Thirteen to say "do a Google search on carrageenan before posting questions
      about carrageenan."

      Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a carrageenan bath.

      AND

      One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now with
      something unrelated they found at _snopes.com_ (http://snopes.com/) and
      start it all over again!
      -----

      And before I get chewed on, I was encouraged to post this to the
      group by the owner. :)

      Gin
      http://ginpetty.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2006
        Verrrrryyyy Funny! Thanks...I love the sand art! Did you do that?
        iris nevins
        http://marblingpaper.com
[...]

        something unrelated they found at _snopes.com_ (http://snopes.com/<http://snopes.com/>) and
        start it all over again!
        -----

        And before I get chewed on, I was encouraged to post this to the
        group by the owner. :)

        Gin
        http://ginpetty.com<http://ginpetty.com/>

      • Gin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2006
          iris nevins wrote:

          > Verrrrryyyy Funny! Thanks...I love the sand art! Did you do that?

          No. Sand art is beyond me. :) It was done by Damon Farmer from
          Versailles, KY. If you follow the link under the picture on my homepage, it
          will take you to a page with several images of the work, including the
          finished piece and a link to Damon's website.

          Gin
          http://ginpetty.com