Re: multiplicity of the same message

  • angchengsiew
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
      Dear members,
      Before this gets of control like the last time,may I offer some
      suggestions:
      1.When responding to a message, please trim the original message to the
      context of your answer.

      2. If members finds that they are receiving too many messages (which is
      good isn't it; too much of a good thing like chocolate? :) ) from this
      list, maybe they can set their message delivery to just view on the web.

      Regards

      John Ang
    • JILL DOLPHIN
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2006
        I absolutely agree with you John. I will ask the members here to PLEASE just do a little edit before they send out their posts so we can all benefit. I also ask for posters to consider directing their complaints to US--as opposed to broadcasting to the group.

        Jill List Mom

      • Elinor Eisemann
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2006
          I have been a member of this group since the beginning...I know it can be better. "Walpolepo" is for Walpole Printing Office. I collect books from this press printed by Peter Beilenson from 1929 until his death in 1962 . If anyone out there has any limited editions of his early books, I would be interested to hear from you. Elinor Eisemann

        • Burinpoint2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2006
            Yea John,
            Now let's get back to marbling.
            Someone was asking about what to use as a marbling container. My wife
            and I use a box frame intended for a photo frame. The one we have is 16" X
            20" and about 1" deep. It works perfectly and is relatively inexpensive. We
            bought ours at an art supply shop.
            We have been using acrylic paints. So far we have used Golden and
            found that they work quite well and also Liquitex and Windor Newton. The Golden
            and Winsor Newton seem to give the strongest color, the Liquitex seemed to
            come off very pastel. Any comments from the rest of you regarding what colors
            work best; either in terms of maker or by actual color?
            Joel