multiplicity of the same message

  • walpolepo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
      Is it necessary to post the same message over and over? You have lost
      me...I don't have the time or interest to read through so many
      repetitions. Elinor Eisemann
    • John Goode
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
        Have you tried g mail?
        Or the art of marbling?
        MAYBE this news group is NOT for you ?
        Thanks for the attack on my favorite group.
        You probably do not need to be here anyway. ?
        Walpolepo? is that wal mart on the pole po?
        PLEASE EXPLAIN & DONT COMPLAIN!
        bye bye
        Johnny

        On 7/6/06, walpolepo <geisemann@...> wrote:

        > Is it necessary to post the same message over and over? You have lost
        > me...I don't have the time or interest to read through so many
        > repetitions. Elinor Eisemann

      • gretchen vansant
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
          I'll have to agree with John . I've never heard so much whining from people coming here. They belittle my inquires by bombarding with complaints about the amount of mail they receive. I personally just delete...instead of complaining. I have gotten alot of great info here but recently I've been disillusioned with all the complaining. Oh and no I didn't start a new message...... and John you've always said it like it is here. I thank you

          John Goode <watermarktile@...> wrote: Have you tried g mail?
          Or the art of marbling?
          MAYBE this news group is NOT for you ?
          Thanks for the attack on my favorite group.
          You probably do not need to be here anyway. ?
          Walpolepo? is that wal mart on the pole po?
          PLEASE EXPLAIN & DONT COMPLAIN!
          bye bye
          Johnny

          On 7/6/06, walpolepo <geisemann@...> wrote:

          > Is it necessary to post the same message over and over? You have lost
          > me...I don't have the time or interest to read through so many
          > repetitions. Elinor Eisemann

        • angchengsiew
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
            Dear members,
            Before this gets of control like the last time,may I offer some
            suggestions:
            1.When responding to a message, please trim the original message to the
            context of your answer.

            2. If members finds that they are receiving too many messages (which is
            good isn't it; too much of a good thing like chocolate? :) ) from this
            list, maybe they can set their message delivery to just view on the web.

            Regards

            John Ang
          • JILL DOLPHIN
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7, 2006
              I absolutely agree with you John. I will ask the members here to PLEASE just do a little edit before they send out their posts so we can all benefit. I also ask for posters to consider directing their complaints to US--as opposed to broadcasting to the group.

              Jill List Mom

            • Elinor Eisemann
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7, 2006
                I have been a member of this group since the beginning...I know it can be better. "Walpolepo" is for Walpole Printing Office. I collect books from this press printed by Peter Beilenson from 1929 until his death in 1962 . If anyone out there has any limited editions of his early books, I would be interested to hear from you. Elinor Eisemann

              • Burinpoint2@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 7, 2006
                  Yea John,
                  Now let's get back to marbling.
                  Someone was asking about what to use as a marbling container. My wife
                  and I use a box frame intended for a photo frame. The one we have is 16" X
                  20" and about 1" deep. It works perfectly and is relatively inexpensive. We
                  bought ours at an art supply shop.
                  We have been using acrylic paints. So far we have used Golden and
                  found that they work quite well and also Liquitex and Windor Newton. The Golden
                  and Winsor Newton seem to give the strongest color, the Liquitex seemed to
                  come off very pastel. Any comments from the rest of you regarding what colors
                  work best; either in terms of maker or by actual color?
                  Joel