Re: Marbling ostrich eggshells

  • chillitortilla
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14, 2006
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "John Goode" <watermarktile@...>
      wrote:Hi John - thanks for the input. Forgot to add I have been
      marbling 2D for years. Chilli Tortilla

      > Hi Chilli Tortilla
      > I would perfect the two D process first before attempting 3 d so
      you get the
      > flow of the roll with out wasting too many projects.
      > On Marbling practice make perfect and it takes many, then you
      appreciate the
      > art of zen marbling..
      > Johnny
      >

      > On 5/13/06, chillitortilla <chillitortilla@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, I am new to your group - having just joined, but have been
      reading
      > > your site for some time. Has anyone out there marbled an ostich
      egg?
      > > Or anything similar. I am having a lot of trouble and have
      tried many
      > > methods. Using carageenan I have tried rolling it, - get
      hesitation
      > > marks. Dunking completely, after first coating with gesso and
      then
      > > alum. - Works only OK as the pressure on the surface tension of
      > > course stretches the paints and the colours are paler. However
      now I
      > > am getting a lot of streaks when washing off the carageenan,
      which
      > > seems to stick heavily, where the initial contact with the
      carageenan
      > > took place. Have tried thinning the size, helps a bit but still
      not a
      > > 100% success. Have also increased the strength of the alum -
      still
      > > not winning! PLEASE! any suggestions more than welcome.
      Thanks.

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • elpmet56
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2006
        >Hello there,
        I have not done eggs but I have marbled rocks, (OK, everyone, have a
        laugh!) It took a bit of fussing but in the end I used a method of
        painting my rocks with a slightly thinned white ceiling paint. I let
        this act as a primer and allowed it to dry a couple of weeks. I then
        applied the alum solution. The following day I marbled them with
        excellent results. This system might work for eggs.
        Respectfully,
        Jennifer