Re: Just bragging

  • elpmet56
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2006
      -Thank you. I have taken note. I have a few good books now but my
      favoprites are the really obscure bits found in old books such as
      "Mackenzie's 5000 receipts" and others of that kind. You would be
      surprised at the number that have marbling instructions!My collection
      grows slowly but it is at least a steady growth. AND yes, it is
      chilling. I have wanted to own it for so long now. I would go to the
      Toronto reference library to fondle it on a regular basisd. The noce
      ladies there would photo copy sections for me. Now it is mine.
      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      -- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "irisnevins" <irisnevins@...> wrote:

      > Good for you, isn't it chilling to hold it? I have two, I have
      several editions, it's a wonderful book! Woolnough is one of my
      heroes! You might be interested in finding a copy of Nicholson's
      Manual of the Art Of Bookbinding. His marbling section was nearly
      fully copied from Woolnough. As well as the other bookbinding
      sections, were taken from English manuals of the period too. Still, a
      very wonderful and collectible book.