Just bragging

  • elpmet56
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2006
      I turned 50 this week and for my Birthday I received a copy of "The
      Whole Art Of Marbling", third (and best)edition.I just wanted to brag
      to people who would understand the import.
      Respectfully,
      Jennifer
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2006
        Good for you, isn't it chilling to hold it? I have two, I have several editions, it's a wonderful book! Woolnough is one of my heroes! You might be interested in finding a copy of Nicholson's Manual of the Art Of Bookbinding. His marbling section was nearly fully copied from Woolnough. As well as the other bookbinding sections, were taken from English manuals of the period too. Still, a very wonderful and collectible book.
        Happy Birthday, enjoy it!

        iris nevins

        Message 3 of 3 , May 13, 2006
          -Thank you. I have taken note. I have a few good books now but my
          favoprites are the really obscure bits found in old books such as
          "Mackenzie's 5000 receipts" and others of that kind. You would be
          surprised at the number that have marbling instructions!My collection
          grows slowly but it is at least a steady growth. AND yes, it is
          chilling. I have wanted to own it for so long now. I would go to the
          Toronto reference library to fondle it on a regular basisd. The noce
          ladies there would photo copy sections for me. Now it is mine.
          Cheers,
          Jennifer