Call for contirbutions- Society of Marbling Annual 2006-

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2006
      Greetings Fellow Marblers,

      This year has been especially difficult for both Marie Palowoda and
      myself as both of our lives have changed- and hence we are both moving.
      Marie is moving right now, and I will be moving soon. As a result of
      these circumstances, we have neglected issuing the Society of Marbling
      Annual 2006, but have been quietly soliciting articles and
      contributions. Please accept out apologies for the delay.

      We are finally ready to request any additional materials. Please send
      info about upcoming marbling classes or exhibitions, marbling books or
      items for sale, marblers kudos/accomplishments, general proclamations
      or any other announcements that are relevant any time during the entire
      next year through march 2007. While I am soliciting contributions,
      please send messages to both myself, jake@... and to Marie
      Palowoda at marie@...

      Please send your announcement as soon as possible, the end of May at
      the very latest, as we plan to publish in June. Please limit your
      announcement to 50 words or less. Please send it as a Microsoft word
      document if you can, but without any special formatting. Otherwise
      send an email with the exact wording.

      We had someone lined up to review Peggy Skycraft's new DVD. They were
      fortunately able to snag the last copy off of Amazon, but are unable to
      write the review due to pending travel plans. If you would be
      interested in reviewing the DVD, please contact me off-list.

      Next, we are also looking to request a review of Feridun Özgören's
      exhibition in Worcester, Mass. Any other exhibition. event, and
      publication/media reviews are also welcome. Please note that we are
      not solely a US organization- we welcome contributions from abroad and
      are now able to handle multi-lingual formatting.

      Once Marie has re-located, she will be able to assemble the materials
      for a new issue, while I sign off and move to Maryland. We already
      have some exciting contributions, including articles, a book review,
      two collections reviews (possibly a third) and at least one exhibit
      review.

      I look forward to reviewing your submissions.

      Jake Benson