MARBLEOUS news from EBRUPA !

  • Oguzhan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2006
      Esteemed Friends,

      It feels to me that the time is ripe

      to gather the Ebru artists/craftspeople

      here in the European side of Istanbul,

      as an extension of Turkish Bookartists Society ;

      which is another wish come through

      due to demands from the western world

      and new interpretation of available

      archeological finds from the

      North Western Uygur Autonomous territory

      such as woodblock prints and printing blocks

      and oldest recorded Buddhist scriptures

      300 years before Gutenberg....

      The last papermakers on the Silk Road

      still thriving in teh countryside of Khotan

      The urgent need to revive this ancient craft

      into highest levels of contemporary fine arts ,

      and inspiring the aspiring

      into the most ultimate in original location.

      EBRUPA is also the home of traditional Turkish Islamic

      and Latin Letter calligraphy arts and artists.

      Unfortunately we only recently passed in God's custody

      our highly esteemed Prof.Ali Alpaslan oglu

      who was the living pillar of

      traditional Turkish Islamic calligraphic arts

      and was to be the backbone of this society.

      But thanks be to God !
      we have Prof.Islam Secen

      head of the Traditional Bookbinding Dept.
      of Marmara University Traditional Turkish Arts

      whom we hope to have at least
      as our honourable member and consultant,

      if not our Sacred Shepherd in this Silk Road mission.

      Ms.Serra Guney bookbinder and restorer.
      Mr.Hayrettin Yangoz marbler,marbling and calligraphers supplies
      Mr.Mehmet Kehri calligrapher
      Mr.Etem Caliskan latin letter calligrapher,Ataturk painter...
      Mr.Ali Toy architect and modern Islamic calligrapher
      Mr.Savas Cevik traditional Turkish Islamic calligrapher
      Mr.Fuad Basar marbler and calligrapher
      Mr.Nusret Colpan architect and miniature painter
      Mr.Safak Akelmas wood carveR
      Ms.Ayse Yivlik illuminator
      Ms.Aras Neftci architectural fistorian,photographer

      the list will be announced
      and is very much open
      to Ebrupean and western intercultural exchange projects
      and members of those societies.

      OF COURSE WE DO PROMISE TO ABIDE BY THE
      ANCIENT GUILDS,THEIR LAWS
      AND ETHICAL CODES.

      WE ARE ALSO VERY GRATEFUL THAT

      IT IS BLESSED UPON US

      TO ESTABLISH THE

      1ST MARBLING SOCIETY IN ISTANBUL OR TURKEY
      1ST TRADITIONAL TURKISH ISLAMIC CALLIGRAPHY SOCIETY
      1ST TURKISH BOOK ARTS SOCIETY
      1st TURKISH GILDERS AND ILLUMINATORS SOCIETY

      once the regional,local or national government bodies
      show us our place of operations
      here in European side of Istanbul

      we will be temporarily without a roof,

      unlike our Asian counterpart,Ebristan

      which is well achored in Asian continental side of Istanbul

      though not a society
      but however fruitful and contributant to Ebru society in general.

      Among us :

      The lion's share in Ebru heritage and history is

      in our domain ..........

      The Suleymaniye Library.........
      all the major museums and libraries.......

      Kagithane region of Istanbul Paper,
      since Byzantine times a papermaking center............

      The Ministerial Archives !!!!!

      MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ....

      cordially,

      oz