Jake and others : Traditional Turkish Marbling supplies

  • Oguzhan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2006
      Jake ,

      I already told Hayrettin to contact you personally,

      but I could not help myself to inform the group:

      We are not on the web yet !

      but we do have challenging pigments,combs,trays,
      rose stem brushes,blues from Lahore
      and also tools and materials for the calligraphers

      rose scented inks !

      By the way we are sending our man to Puerto Rico (end of April)

      not Habana ! as usual.

      He will demonstrate his marbling skills,
      and his own invention (SIDE EYE marble design !)

      He will also inspire the islanders
      to make pigments from the island earth.

      He may check on the glue the locals use
      to stick the cigars together,
      whether it is Carragheen or something else.

      Last time I was there
      they had said it came from Florida in powder form.

      Our lady accompanying him
      is a book binder and restorer,

      we will ask her to visit Casa de Libro
      and see the Dard Hunter collection there.

      UNFORTUNATELY NO VICTIMS HAVE APPROACHED US
      TO PRESENT THEMSELVES AS LOCAL MARTYRS
      FOR THE TO BE ESTABLISHED

      ISTANBUL MARBLING SOCIETY

      but not to worry
      we will soon import UNAWARE innocent souls

      from TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS

      ps.why do you think we are sending our man to the Caribbean ?

      actually we have not given up hope
      since the 14th century,

      pps. Jake who is doing the article ?

      cordially,