RE: [Marbling] re: and now for the totally FABULOUS

  • susanne martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
      Someone once told me that they saw marbling on a motorcycle - the fuel tank
      maybe? They said it looked alot like my watercolor marbling, very controlled
      with sharp lines. Can you get this effect using an oil based paint? Any
      ideas on how this could have been done on metal? Maybe they laquered a sheet
      of marbled paper somehow. Marbling on a motorcycle is on my list of things
      to try one day, maybe nails too!

      Susanne

      >From: Luiseach@...
      >To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Marbling] re: and now for the totally FABULOUS
      >Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 10:35:34 EDT
      >
      >Yeah, but . . . . . .they are COOL! If I could do fake nails (medical
      >reasons why not) I would be all over those.
      >
      >Lucinda in cheesy southern California

    • Gail Mackenzie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
        Back to Createx/Colorcraft. They have a line of acrylics that you
        mix with a hardener and can do very detailed marbling on metals and
        glass. It works with both caragenan and meth cell. It's called
        AutoAir.