Re:Collector's items

  • Maurene Fritz/Yehuda Miklaf
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2006
      Ahmet, saalem alehum!

      Thank you for the info. This is a lot more than I had expected. How does one
      decide whether a paper is "good" or "standard"? I met someone here in Israel
      who has about 80 of Mustafa's papers and other marblers as well. Sitting on
      a gold mine, no?

      Yehuda Miklaf
      Jerusalem

      http://www.societyofbookbinders.com/gallery/gallery_frames.html
      http://www.yehudamiklaf.com (under construction)
    • ebrucu33
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2006
        Hi Yehuda,
        If your friend has very good floral samples from düzgünman he may be
        considered a rich man .The standart works of Düzgünman are standart
        ebru forms like battal,gelgit,tarakli and others.
        He created thousands of standard marbling paper.And also he created
        thousands of floral marblings.But most of them bigsize flowers,which
        the flowers are very close to the edge of the paper.And some has not
        good colours.
        Today in Turkey all collectors have his papers.Sometimes I visit to
        Istanbul,in grand bazaar,in some antique shops I meet some samples
        of him and according the ebru's design and color every seller gives
        a different price.And sometimes ,Antique Auction Companies sell his
        works in auctions.Best information, you can obtain from the Antik AS
        or MACKA MEZAT and also there are some more companies in Istanbul.
        Best wishes
        Ahmet SARAL
        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Maurene Fritz/Yehuda Miklaf"