use of acralic pigments

  • srikkanthsundaram
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2006
      acralic pigments for use in marbling . one of my distributor says
      powder acralic pigments need to be boiled before using it in the
      marbling tray. any advice on using acralic pigments and acralic paints.

      srikkanth
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2006
        pigments are pigments, as far as I know, there are not "acrylic pigments" as powder. Acrylic is an additive, a binder, a carrier for the powdered pigments. Maybe he means to boil the acrylics in paint form? I never tried that, and don't feel it is necessary at all. Maybe the distrubutor has a different product that needs boiling for some reason. I would follow their instructions to see what happens with them.

        iris nevins