Re: Marbling request...Please help!

  • angchengsiew
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
      Dear Sonja,
      You can try contacting Iris Nevins.
      Her website is at http://www.marblingpaper.com
      Email contact is also there

      > _____

      Behalf
      > Of Sonja Idema
      > Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 11:12 PM
      > To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Marbling] Marbling request...Please help!
      >

      > Hello everyone!
      > I have a client in Germany who is an "Antiquariat"..second hand
      book shop
      > owner, who does some book restoration and binding.
      > He has requested for a replication of some old marbled papers that
      a client
      > of his would like restored in some old books, and I feel that these
      papers
      > are really out of my expertise level!
      > If anyone would be interested in looking at these papers (I have
      scans of
      > them - 3 different papers) and take the challenge on to make some
      > replications, I would be very happy to pass his email on to you.
      > Please email me privately at sdidema@... if you would like to view
      > these papers and discuss the possibility of doing this for me!
      > Thanks ever so much!
      > Sonja Idema
    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
        Hi Sonja,

        why not make a German customer happy by referring him to a German marbler? So much
        cheaper and certainly not worse. Ilona Hesse of Leipzig is a third generation full time
        professional. I'll send you her email privately.

        Susanne Krause

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
          Thanks to you both....yes, Suzanne is right it will be easier to find someone local though. If you can't you can still have them send me a piece of the paper or a good color xerox.

          IrisNevins
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
            Thanks to all who have offered to help out!
            I have contacted my client and am waiting to here back from him regarding
            whether or not he would like to try a few other marblers here in North
            America! When I know, I will be contacting you personally!
            Kindest regards,
            Sonja