RE: [Marbling] Marbling request...Please help!

  • Feridun Ozgoren
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
      Dear Sonja,

      I think your best bet is Iris Nevins.

      You can write to her at

      Marbling@yahoogroups.com

      Best Wishes,

      Feridun Ozgoren

      _____

      From: Marbling@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Sonja Idema
      Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 11:12 PM
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Marbling] Marbling request...Please help!

      Hello everyone!
      I have a client in Germany who is an "Antiquariat"..second hand book shop
      owner, who does some book restoration and binding.
      He has requested for a replication of some old marbled papers that a client
      of his would like restored in some old books, and I feel that these papers
      are really out of my expertise level!
      If anyone would be interested in looking at these papers (I have scans of
      them - 3 different papers) and take the challenge on to make some
      replications, I would be very happy to pass his email on to you.
      Please email me privately at sdidema@... if you would like to view
      these papers and discuss the possibility of doing this for me!
      Thanks ever so much!
      Sonja Idema

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      * Visit your group "Marbling
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling> " on the web.

      _____

    • angchengsiew
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
        Dear Sonja,
        You can try contacting Iris Nevins.
        Her website is at http://www.marblingpaper.com
        Email contact is also there

        > _____

        Behalf
        > Of Sonja Idema
        > Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 11:12 PM
        > To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [Marbling] Marbling request...Please help!
        >

        > Hello everyone!
        > I have a client in Germany who is an "Antiquariat"..second hand
        book shop
        > owner, who does some book restoration and binding.
        > He has requested for a replication of some old marbled papers that
        a client
        > of his would like restored in some old books, and I feel that these
        papers
        > are really out of my expertise level!
        > If anyone would be interested in looking at these papers (I have
        scans of
        > them - 3 different papers) and take the challenge on to make some
        > replications, I would be very happy to pass his email on to you.
        > Please email me privately at sdidema@... if you would like to view
        > these papers and discuss the possibility of doing this for me!
        > Thanks ever so much!
        > Sonja Idema
      • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
          Hi Sonja,

          why not make a German customer happy by referring him to a German marbler? So much
          cheaper and certainly not worse. Ilona Hesse of Leipzig is a third generation full time
          professional. I'll send you her email privately.

          Susanne Krause

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
            Thanks to you both....yes, Suzanne is right it will be easier to find someone local though. If you can't you can still have them send me a piece of the paper or a good color xerox.

            IrisNevins
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
              Thanks to all who have offered to help out!
              I have contacted my client and am waiting to here back from him regarding
              whether or not he would like to try a few other marblers here in North
              America! When I know, I will be contacting you personally!
              Kindest regards,
              Sonja