Marbling request...Please help!

  • Sonja Idema
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
      Hello everyone!
      I have a client in Germany who is an "Antiquariat"..second hand book shop
      owner, who does some book restoration and binding.
      He has requested for a replication of some old marbled papers that a client
      of his would like restored in some old books, and I feel that these papers
      are really out of my expertise level!
      If anyone would be interested in looking at these papers (I have scans of
      them - 3 different papers) and take the challenge on to make some
      replications, I would be very happy to pass his email on to you.
      Please email me privately at sdidema@... if you would like to view
      these papers and discuss the possibility of doing this for me!
      Thanks ever so much!
      Sonja Idema
    • Feridun Ozgoren
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
        Dear Sonja,

        I think your best bet is Iris Nevins.

        You can write to her at

        Marbling@yahoogroups.com

        Best Wishes,

        Feridun Ozgoren

        _____

        I have a client in Germany who is an "Antiquariat"..second hand book shop
        owner, who does some book restoration and binding.
        He has requested for a replication of some old marbled papers that a client
        of his would like restored in some old books, and I feel that these papers
        are really out of my expertise level!
        If anyone would be interested in looking at these papers (I have scans of
        them - 3 different papers) and take the challenge on to make some
        replications, I would be very happy to pass his email on to you.
        Please email me privately at sdidema@... if you would like to view
        these papers and discuss the possibility of doing this for me!
        Thanks ever so much!
        Sonja Idema

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "Marbling
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling> " on the web.

        _____

      • angchengsiew
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
          Dear Sonja,
          You can try contacting Iris Nevins.
          Her website is at http://www.marblingpaper.com
          Email contact is also there

          > _____

          Behalf
          > Of Sonja Idema
          > Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 11:12 PM
          > To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [Marbling] Marbling request...Please help!
          >

          > Hello everyone!
          > I have a client in Germany who is an "Antiquariat"..second hand
          book shop
          > owner, who does some book restoration and binding.
          > He has requested for a replication of some old marbled papers that
          a client
          > of his would like restored in some old books, and I feel that these
          papers
          > are really out of my expertise level!
          > If anyone would be interested in looking at these papers (I have
          scans of
          > them - 3 different papers) and take the challenge on to make some
          > replications, I would be very happy to pass his email on to you.
          > Please email me privately at sdidema@... if you would like to view
          > these papers and discuss the possibility of doing this for me!
          > Thanks ever so much!
          > Sonja Idema
        • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
            Hi Sonja,

            why not make a German customer happy by referring him to a German marbler? So much
            cheaper and certainly not worse. Ilona Hesse of Leipzig is a third generation full time
            professional. I'll send you her email privately.

            Susanne Krause

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
              Thanks to you both....yes, Suzanne is right it will be easier to find someone local though. If you can't you can still have them send me a piece of the paper or a good color xerox.

              IrisNevins
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
                Thanks to all who have offered to help out!
                I have contacted my client and am waiting to here back from him regarding
                whether or not he would like to try a few other marblers here in North
                America! When I know, I will be contacting you personally!
                Kindest regards,
                Sonja