The mysterious marbler

  • Lavinia Adler
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2006
      Hi, Joan,
      I'm convinced that the marbler is Georgie Sharpe, since, if she were
      only the photographer, she probably woudn't bother taking ordinary
      snapshots such as the one with the marbler at the tray. Her photographs
      tend toward the artistic. I, too, tried to find contact info for her.
      Perhaps one of us should put out a request on the list asking if anyone
      does have that info.
      Is Adelaide near you? Of course, in Australia probably nothing is near
      anything else!
      Looking forward to Autumn? I'm looking out at 7" of snow as I type.
      We've had a very easy Winter, so I'm not complaining. Most of us wanted
      one good storm before the end of the season. Haven't had one since
      November if I'm remembering correctly.

      Lavinia
    • sixshort
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2006
        Hi Lavinia, Yes, Adelaide is about 3 hours by plane away from me,
        but I still get there occasionally. Vi Wilson emailed to say that
        Georgie Sharp's email address was on one of the educational websites
        from Port Augusta, near Adelaide. I have emailed her, and will let
        you know any relevant info when I get a reply. It seems that she is
        primarily a leader in primary school education.

        There was a famous marbling company, Rooftop Clothing, run by
        Brian and Bridget O'Malley in Mt. Barker, Adelaide, in the 1980's
        and '90's - Vi suggests that her work is reminiscent of theirs. I
        have mentioned this site in my email to Georgie, and will let you
        know any further relevant info when I hear back from her.

        Good to hear that you are back marbling. Would love to see some of
        your work. Joan