Re: Great Exhibition (paints not spreading)

  • sixshort
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hi Lynn, The control that you are seeking has to do with the the
      amount of tension you set up on the surface of the size. The
      initial pattern laid down will have quite a bit of resistance by
      virtue of the oxgall or other surfactant used in the paints. The
      paints used for the flower motifs on top have to be adjusted with
      just enough gall to make them spread a little - too much and they
      will spread wildly and join the initial pattern.

      The main problem with using carragheen is the likelihood of dust
      holes opening up while all this is going on - the longer you sit
      around making little flower motifs, the more likelihood there is
      that those pesky little holes will appear. I don't enjoy working
      with MC, so can't comment on that. Joan

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Santure, Lynn A" <lsanture@...>