Re: [Marbling] A marbling site

  • Lavinia Adler
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
      If you go directly to the homepage http://www.flickr.com/photos (in other
      words not directly to Georgie Sharpe's images) and type "marbling" in the
      search box, you'll find some work by "Jo36" also. She doesn't do much
      marbling but lots of artist books and calligraphy. Flickr's a great
      site!

      Lavinia

      On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 02:49:45 -0000 "angchengsiew"
      <angchengsiew@...> writes:
      > Discover a photo site on marbling.
      >
      > The link is
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgiesharp/tags/marbling/
    • sixshort
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
        Hi Lavinia, I looked up Georgie Sharp on the web - she is from
        Adelaide, Australia. She seems to be a human dynamo - an educator
        involved in the community as well as having a passionate interest in
        photography - but I couldn't find an email address anywhere to
        verify this. I would like to know if the marbled images were hers,
        and if not, who is the marbler? . . . another Australian? Has
        anyone been able to find any further info? There are so few
        marblers in Australia that I am always on the lookout for some
        fellow travelers.

        As you mentioned calligraphy in your note, Lavinia, I will mention
        that a new page on marbling for calligraphy will be added to my
        website within a week or so - www.marbledpaper.com.au Joan

        in Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "angchengsiew" <angchengsiew@...> wrote:

        > Yes, I think she is Georgie Sharp from Australia
        >

        > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Lavinia Adler <laviniaa@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Wow!! A marbler after my own heart. I thought I was the only one
        > who did
        > > wild and crazy images. I LOVE these pieces!
        > > The marbler is obviously British or Australian (maybe
        Canadian?).