A marbling site

  • angchengsiew
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006
      Discover a photo site on marbling.

      The link is
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgiesharp/tags/marbling/
    • Lavinia Adler
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006
        Wow!! A marbler after my own heart. I thought I was the only one who did
        wild and crazy images. I LOVE these pieces!
        The marbler is obviously British or Australian (maybe Canadian?). Is she
        Georgie Sharpe? Does anyone know?

        Lavinia Adler

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006
          Yes, I think she is Georgie Sharp from Australia

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
            If you go directly to the homepage http://www.flickr.com/photos (in other
            words not directly to Georgie Sharpe's images) and type "marbling" in the
            search box, you'll find some work by "Jo36" also. She doesn't do much
            marbling but lots of artist books and calligraphy. Flickr's a great
            site!

            Lavinia

            <angchengsiew@...> writes:
            > Discover a photo site on marbling.
            >
            > The link is
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgiesharp/tags/marbling/
          • sixshort
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
              Hi Lavinia, I looked up Georgie Sharp on the web - she is from
              Adelaide, Australia. She seems to be a human dynamo - an educator
              involved in the community as well as having a passionate interest in
              photography - but I couldn't find an email address anywhere to
              verify this. I would like to know if the marbled images were hers,
              and if not, who is the marbler? . . . another Australian? Has
              anyone been able to find any further info? There are so few
              marblers in Australia that I am always on the lookout for some
              fellow travelers.

              As you mentioned calligraphy in your note, Lavinia, I will mention
              that a new page on marbling for calligraphy will be added to my
              website within a week or so - www.marbledpaper.com.au Joan