Re: [Marbling] sinking colours

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2006
      Maybe your oxgall is too weak. Generally that sold from "art companies" is very weak and diluted. Either use a lot more or try and get the concentrate, TALAS in NYC sells it and may ship overseas.

      I don't know the metric measures, but the size should be like cream consistency, not too thick. Gouache should work...maybe the paint needs more water.

      iris nevins
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2006
        probiers mal mit kleister (methylan), lukas designer guache und lukas netzmittel (2255)
        funktioniert bei mir gut
        Alexander Stoekler <alexanderstoekler@...> schrieb: hi all,

[...]

        ---------------------------------

      • Anna Meier

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 12, 2006
            I think your size is too thick and your colors too concentrated. I use 12 g of carrageen for each 1.5 liters of water. When I used Windsor and Newton Gouache in the past, I would dilute about an inch (2.5 cm) in around 1 tablespoonful of water (15 ml). Your gall is also most likely too weak. If it is from Schminke, it is likely designed for watercolorists and is too dilute for marbling.
            Garrett Dixon
[...]

            Game art design college Art design Graphic art design program

          • Alexander Stoekler
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 15, 2006
              hi,

              and thanks for the replies. a big help ! good to have you on my side !
              i am on a voyage at present and as soon as i am back i will make amendments according to the suggestions and see what happens.

              alexander