water from dehumidifiers

  • james tapley
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
      As in a mechanical dehumidifier? Depends on how clean your air is.
      Ever taste or smell the water dripping from your AC? Same difference.
      Junk in the air is absorbed as the water condenses as well as being
      picked up on the coils as the air is moved past.
      Best, James
    • Carole Floate
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
        I would think that the build up of calcium would cause a problem as well.
        Carole

        james tapley <jthandbook@...> wrote:
        As in a mechanical dehumidifier? Depends on how clean your air is.
        Ever taste or smell the water dripping from your AC? Same difference.
        Junk in the air is absorbed as the water condenses as well as being
        picked up on the coils as the air is moved past.
        Best, James

        Art and design school Art design class Art design degree Game art design college Art design Graphic art design program

        ---------------------------------

        Carole A. Floate
        CF Turnings
        200 W. Witchwood Lane
        Lake Bluff, IL 60044
        P 847-295-2631
        F 847-295-2675

      • John Goode
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
          Does not hurt to try, Maybe even boil it too. I have one in my tile drying
          room and I use the water for plants, its real pure water no dirt grime or
          oil. Hows the weather in MN?
          Is it wet?
          I hope your well!
          Peace Johnny

          On 2/11/06, Carole Floate <cfloate@...> wrote:

          > I would think that the build up of calcium would cause a problem as well.
          > Carole
          >
          > james tapley <jthandbook@...> wrote:
          > As in a mechanical dehumidifier? Depends on how clean your air is.
          > Ever taste or smell the water dripping from your AC? Same difference.
          > Junk in the air is absorbed as the water condenses as well as being
          > picked up on the coils as the air is moved past.
          > Best, James

          > Art and design school Art design class Art design degree
          > Game art design college Art design Graphic art design program

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > Carole A. Floate
          > CF Turnings
          > 200 W. Witchwood Lane
          > Lake Bluff, IL 60044
          > P 847-295-2631
          > F 847-295-2675

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • David Graham
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 16, 2006
            When I lived in hot-n-humid east Texas I regularly used water from my
            dehumidifier for mixing size. There's no problem with calcium - the water
            you get really is distilled from water vapor in the air. You may wish to
            filter it through several layers of washed cotton sheet to eliminate dust
            and the occassional little flying bugs that occassionally wind up in the
            collecting tray under the dehumidifier's condenser coils.

            Good luck,
            Dave

            --
            Time is nature's way of assuring that everything that has ever happened, and
            everything that shall ever happen don't just happen to happen RIGHT NOW !