water from dehumidifiers

  • del.mary.stubbs
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
      Here's a good question.....Would using water from dehumidifiers be the same
      as distilled water, for mixing carageenan and paints?

      Mary-Celine
    • james tapley
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
        As in a mechanical dehumidifier? Depends on how clean your air is.
        Ever taste or smell the water dripping from your AC? Same difference.
        Junk in the air is absorbed as the water condenses as well as being
        picked up on the coils as the air is moved past.
        Best, James
      • Carole Floate
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
          I would think that the build up of calcium would cause a problem as well.
          Carole

          james tapley <jthandbook@...> wrote:
          As in a mechanical dehumidifier? Depends on how clean your air is.
          Ever taste or smell the water dripping from your AC? Same difference.
          Junk in the air is absorbed as the water condenses as well as being
          picked up on the coils as the air is moved past.
          Best, James

          Art and design school Art design class Art design degree Game art design college Art design Graphic art design program

          ---------------------------------

          Carole A. Floate
          CF Turnings
          200 W. Witchwood Lane
          Lake Bluff, IL 60044
          P 847-295-2631
          F 847-295-2675

        • John Goode
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
            Does not hurt to try, Maybe even boil it too. I have one in my tile drying
            room and I use the water for plants, its real pure water no dirt grime or
            oil. Hows the weather in MN?
            Is it wet?
            I hope your well!
            Peace Johnny

            On 2/11/06, Carole Floate <cfloate@...> wrote:

            > I would think that the build up of calcium would cause a problem as well.
            > Carole
            >
            > james tapley <jthandbook@...> wrote:
            > As in a mechanical dehumidifier? Depends on how clean your air is.
            > Ever taste or smell the water dripping from your AC? Same difference.
            > Junk in the air is absorbed as the water condenses as well as being
            > picked up on the coils as the air is moved past.
            > Best, James

            > Art and design school Art design class Art design degree
            > Game art design college Art design Graphic art design program

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > Carole A. Floate
            > CF Turnings
            > 200 W. Witchwood Lane
            > Lake Bluff, IL 60044
            > P 847-295-2631
            > F 847-295-2675

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • David Graham
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 16, 2006
              When I lived in hot-n-humid east Texas I regularly used water from my
              dehumidifier for mixing size. There's no problem with calcium - the water
              you get really is distilled from water vapor in the air. You may wish to
              filter it through several layers of washed cotton sheet to eliminate dust
              and the occassional little flying bugs that occassionally wind up in the
              collecting tray under the dehumidifier's condenser coils.

              Good luck,
              Dave

              --
              Time is nature's way of assuring that everything that has ever happened, and
              everything that shall ever happen don't just happen to happen RIGHT NOW !