Re: [Marbling] Methyl cellulose Dow Methocel

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2006
      whatever works and makes you happy is what should be used.... I just wonder is there a certain type of MC or certain dilution that works well with watercolors.

      iris nevins
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 10, 2006
        Hi,
        I usually use methylcel for marbling. I tested recently carrageeenan again, but i couldn't recognize any big difference. I use water colors, but i dont use ox gall, but a wetting agent with biological tensids. It smells a little like ox gall and is probably not as toxic as photo flo.
        But the cheap methyl cel doesnt work well.
        But maybe I´m not marbling so much, to see any difference between meth cel and carrageenan.
        anna