Re: [Marbling] photos added

  • Maria Vernersson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2006
    • Sue Cole
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2011
        I added 17 photos to my album that is called "Akartisan's things' - you can
        see the cups and brushes and thing sI was talking about. My favorite tool
        is a bamboo skewer for making designs. I have a tremor, so I have problems
        making combed designs and usally stick to what I call "freeform" designs.
        I 've seen a combe that had rollers on the sides which would solve the
        problem with the tremor, but have to figure out how to get one made, unless
        someone has some suggestions.

        I am using methyl cellulose and acrylic paints for the scarves.
        Sue

      • Deluwiel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
          I haven't had any trouble floating the Golden gold and silver mixed 1:1 color and GAC 900 medium, then adding distilled water until they float. The only one I haven't been able to get to float at all no matter how thin I mix it is the Jacquard airbrush Copper. Too bad, because it's really pretty. Sue - I see you completely cover the scarf with paint - do you find that it affects the sheen or the soft 'hand' of the fabric? Comparing the ones I've done with full coverage versus those that have compressed veins of color the ones with only parts of the silk painted look and feel more 'silky' to me.

          Debra
          mauveinesilk.com