black paper

  • celinat05
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2006
      I have a big problem with black paper... the colors desappear...why?
      thanks all
    • james tapley
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2006
        Because thinned marbling colours are almost transparent and the black
        obscures them. You should see traces in a raking light however.
        For more solid colour add a bit of white. This will make the colours
        opaque and stand out on the black. Best, James

        James Tapley
        Hand
        Bookbinder
        2077 13th Street
        Sarasota FL 34237
        941.366.8248
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2006
          Add some white to them, just a little at a time, this makes them opaque, you will see them better.
          iris nevins
          I have a big problem with black paper... the colors desappear...why?
          thanks all

        • John Goode
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2006
            ah the black hole where ink goes and never returns....
            ever do white on Black silk?
            Makes anyone ....well ya know, it undescribable
            TRY IT and send me a picture throw in some yellow too,
            Johnny

            On 1/29/06, irisnevins <irisnevins@...> wrote:

            > Add some white to them, just a little at a time, this makes them opaque,
            > you will see them better.
            > iris nevins

          • Guffey
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 29, 2006
              Metallic inks/paints look fantastic on black paper. Unfortunately, they are very difficult to work with as they tend to spread. But if you can manipulate them, they are most effective.

              d.guff