Decorated paper as a therapy

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2006
      I've had a row of therapists in my courses over the years - most of them working with drug
      addicts, others with anorexia nervosa and several ergotherapists working with the
      disabled. They all said basically the same; that decorating paper is most valuable for
      people who need to do something that reqires a still mind and that can give quick and
      attractive results without binding them to a workbench for days before and without being
      too backbreaking (it's short hours I am talking about, not days in a row!).
      One lady was sent from a center for young girls who were addicts and had suffered abuse.
      She even said that she felt paste paper making would work better for her clients than
      marbling, the patterning being executed directly on the paper. She has never called back,
      though, so I do not know the results.

      Susanne Krause
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2006
        Ages ago I used to marble with emotionally disturbed elementary school kids at their school. They LOVED it!!! The principal however said it was too messy after a few times and banned it. The kids begged to marble for the rest of the year. It was before I worked as a marbler, I worked in the school.

        iris nevins