Re: [Marbling] Re: Composting Gels

  • Gail MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2006
      Interesting!!! My drains go nowhere, so I¹m a bit of a special case!! But,
      I do have 20 years of observing the results of outdoor disposal of methyl
      cel, alum and the rest!! Methyl cel smothers yellow jackets nests in the
      ground after about 40-50 gallons applied!! Insects LOVE alum solution.
      Nurseries actually sell in to be added to plants that need a more acidic
      soil. I ³Cured² a big patch of ground where we had years of annual bonfires
      by drenching it in alum. Acrylic colors are encased in a medium and even
      though the waste methyl cel is colored the pigments cannot be
      absorbed....but I still wouldn¹t dump it into ground used for vegetables.
      Poison oak thrives on waste methyl cel.
      A better year in 2006 to all!! Regards, Gail