Marbling Timeline (nomenclature)

  • carolevhoof
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2005
      I made a Marbled Paper timeline for England and America on my website.
      I needed to do the research anyway & I thought I'd post it. Sorry, I
      didn't include turkish history, it gets too big!

      I used three books - the best was Phoebe Easton.

      I'm still waiting for 2 more books to come, and then I'll add more
      information to the pages that need it. The Wolfe book I'm getting on
      interlibrary loan, and the Miura book I've ordered.

      Any input/corrections/suggestions are welcome, I want this to be a
      useful tool.

      http://lonelypine.ce-service.biz/marbling.htm

      Has a link to "Marbling Timeline"

      Thanks for all your help.
      Carole Vanderhoof
      Lonely Pine Bindery
    • Lavinia Adler
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2005
        Carole --
        Your website is a marvel of clarity and good design. Thanks so much
        for adding the timeline to it.

        Lavinia

        On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:26:36 -0000 "carolevhoof"
        <cvanderhoof@...> writes:
        > I made a Marbled Paper timeline for England and America on my
        > website.
        > I needed to do the research anyway & I thought I'd post it. Sorry, I
      • Feridun Ozgoren
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2005
          England

          America

          turkish

          _____

          I made a Marbled Paper timeline for England and America on my website.
          I needed to do the research anyway & I thought I'd post it. Sorry, I
          didn't include turkish history, it gets too big!

          I used three books - the best was Phoebe Easton.

          I'm still waiting for 2 more books to come, and then I'll add more
          information to the pages that need it. The Wolfe book I'm getting on
          interlibrary loan, and the Miura book I've ordered.

          Any input/corrections/suggestions are welcome, I want this to be a
          useful tool.

          http://lonelypine.ce-service.biz/marbling.htm

          Has a link to "Marbling Timeline"

          Thanks for all your help.
          Carole Vanderhoof
          Lonely Pine Bindery

          Art
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Art+and+design+school&w1=Art+and+design
          +school&w2=Art+design+class&w3=Art+design+degree&w4=Game+art+design+college&
          w5=Art+design&w6=Graphic+art+design+program&c=6&s=149&.sig=y_kBz8jyoTssYFXVz
          Kqsjw> and design school

          Art
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Art+design+class&w1=Art+and+design+scho
          ol&w2=Art+design+class&w3=Art+design+degree&w4=Game+art+design+college&w5=Ar
          t+design&w6=Graphic+art+design+program&c=6&s=149&.sig=NxCo5z8HesWg31OLS2Qoug
          > design class

          Art
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Art+design+degree&w1=Art+and+design+sch
          ool&w2=Art+design+class&w3=Art+design+degree&w4=Game+art+design+college&w5=A
          rt+design&w6=Graphic+art+design+program&c=6&s=149&.sig=Pj15asOIcFH-_HKT9uDZB
          Q> design degree

          Game
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Game+art+design+college&w1=Art+and+desi
          gn+school&w2=Art+design+class&w3=Art+design+degree&w4=Game+art+design+colleg
          e&w5=Art+design&w6=Graphic+art+design+program&c=6&s=149&.sig=QL-xADcp_aX9ixe
          P9XLbow> art design college

          Art
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Art+design&w1=Art+and+design+school&w2=
          Art+design+class&w3=Art+design+degree&w4=Game+art+design+college&w5=Art+desi
          gn&w6=Graphic+art+design+program&c=6&s=149&.sig=PGD8zwgImSrpbEzeg4pOmQ>
          design

          Graphic
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Graphic+art+design+program&w1=Art+and+d
          esign+school&w2=Art+design+class&w3=Art+design+degree&w4=Game+art+design+col
          lege&w5=Art+design&w6=Graphic+art+design+program&c=6&s=149&.sig=1e95pLYTHyO5
          69DMoWfIqA> art design program

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "Marbling
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling> " on the web.

          _____

        • Carole Vanderhoof
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2005
            I'm sorry, I don't understand your suggestion - are you saying that I should separate them by country?
            There wasn't much marbling done in early America - they imported the papers from England.
            That is why I combined the two.
            Carole

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2005
              Hi Carole, Congrats on the great website - fantastic design concept.
              And beautiful marbling as well. This will be a much needed resource
              for those of us who are not strong on history! Joan Ajala

              --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "carolevhoof" <cvanderhoof@c...>