water-mixabel oil color

  • annakarenina1984
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
      Hello,
      has anyone of you tried water-mixable oil color for marbling or knows
      something about it? I think they are quite new. Available from Talens
      and Lukas.
      greetings, anna
    • sixshort
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "annakarenina1984"
        <annakarenina1984@y...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > has anyone of you tried water-mixable oil color for marbling or knows
        > something about it? I think they are quite new. Available from Talens
        > and Lukas.
        > greetings, anna

        Hi Anna, The water-mixable oil colors I used were totally YUK! The
        paints don't actually dissolve properly - you are meant to add a
        little water and mix it into the paint with a palette knife before
        painting.
        If you can make them work, please let me know, as I would be delighted
        to have an oil paint that doesn't require white spirits as a solvent.
        Good luck. Joan Ajala